Watercolor Trio

A sketch from Operation Write Home blog Stars & Stamps inspired me tonight...



Using the Watercolor Trio stamp set with Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry, and using some stash of now Retired color Orchid Opulence I made this card pretty quickly! (could possibly be a 10 minute card :-) I dry embossed after stamping, an effect which I really liked (disguises my lack of layered stamping finesse ) and one that I think gives it a "needle point" flavor. This embossing folder is the Square Lattice. I used my very favorite punch, Modern Label, and a tiny heart from the Heart to Heart punch.

9 comments:

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Very, very pretty...love all you techniques,especially with the dry embossing....will take that home with me.

CARO said...

Lovely with the embossing; that is a gorgeous stamp set and I love how you used it.

Sherry Hickey said...

Very, very pretty card!

ThePurplePlace said...

This is a gorgeous card! I love the colors...so pretty!

Thanks for sharing!
Lisa

helloholley said...

This is beautiful....kinda reminds me of looking at a garden through a window from inside a house!!! Awesome job!!! ;)

Paula S. said...

Awesome effect embossing. It really does have a needlework feel to it. Fantastic!

abhall76 said...

This is gorgeous! I love the dry embossing over the stamping. I really need to get a cuttlebug!

Carol L said...

Gorgeous color and design! You just can't miss with that fabulous embossing folder!

Karen Howard said...

This is really beautiful! I love how you spread the flowers across the panels!